Email Etiquette - pin this to your cork board
1. Be a minimalist: Even if it takes you more time to peer down your email, make it as short as possible.
2. If the email goes back and forth more than four times, it's time to call.
3. Short or slow responses: Don't take it personally, people are busy and bogged down by emails.
4. Avoid open-ended questions and offer solutions.
5. Minimize CC's and when possible do not "Reply All".
6. Attachments should not include graphic signatures.
7. Disconnect for blocks of time and prioritize.
8. Keep clear subject lines: they tell the receiver what the email is about and how important the email is. It will also keep your inbox organized. Plus if you need to search for that email later, you did yourself a favor.