Terms + Conditions
Pipeline Pepper is focused on providing a path to connection with micro-influencers, media, and the community. This service provides businesses and agencies a vehicle to improve communication, brand awareness, and content distribution.
The companies, brands, and agencies using our services may use Pipeline Pepper to collect and analyze information such as contact information, exposure and impressions of distributed content or products, social media public information, and clicks made by visitors on their own websites or on other distribution websites. We may provide analytical data to customers related to the viewership of content distributed, shared or provided.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us, including when you register for or order a Service or listing; when a company, organization, business or individual authorizes you to manage its account or use our Services on its behalf; and/or when you subscribe to a newsletter, provide feedback about our Services or contact us with questions or comments about a Service via our site, affiliate sites or social media.
We may collect certain technical information using cookies and other tracking mechanisms to help us operate and provide our Services to you. This information includes, without limitation:
- Information about the systems and device(s) you use to access our Services, including MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, and device identifiers;
- Information about your visits to the Websites, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from the Websites (including date and time)
- Information to facilitate your use of our Services (including to provide access to third-party websites and services), such as URL requests, destination IP addresses, or device configuration details; and
- Pages you view or search for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), your engagement with certain variable/dynamic elements of a page and methods used to browse away from the page.
If you decline to have us collect such information, we may not be able to provide our Services to you.
Information We Collect about You from Third Parties
Our Services may also, from time to time, contain links to and from social media platforms or affiliates. You may choose to connect with us through a social media platform and when you do, and to the extent available, we may collect additional information from you, such as your user names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social media platform. Please be advised that social media platforms may also collect information from you. We do not have control over the collection, use and sharing practices of social media platforms and encourage you to review their usage and disclosure policies and practices, including the data security practices, before using the social media platforms.
We may combine the information we collect about you from the various sources described above.
How Your Information May Be Used
We may use any information we collect, including personal information and technical information, as described to you at the time of collection, for the following purposes:
- Providing, maintaining and improving our Services. Operating and improving our Services (e.g., administration, troubleshooting, managing account access, protecting security); evaluating our Services; developing new features, products, or services; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Tailoring content. Personalizing the information and content we display to you, including marketing, promotional and sponsored content and advertising within the Services.
- Marketing and communications. Contacting you directly about your use of the Service for which you are registered; providing you with information about products or services, from us or third parties that may interest you; serving advertisements to you; and responding to your requests, feedback or questions.
- Research and analytics. Researching and analyzing how you interact with our Services, including to monitor usage and activity trends and for statistical purposes; creating reports for customers that may include both aggregate trends and the organizations that are viewing their releases, or accessing our Services or customer websites or otherwise using our Services; and measuring or understanding the effectiveness of content, communications, Website visits, web traffic, our Services, or advertising we or our customers serve to you and other customers like you, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and other customers like you.
How Your Information May Be Shared
We may share any information, including personal information as follows:
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates, including any future subsidiaries or affiliates;
- With our service providers and sub-contractors to the extent reasonably necessary to enable us provide our Services (e.g., we use a third-party platform for e-mail and cannot communicate with you without disclosing your e-mail address to our third-party e-mail provider);
- With a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of any of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, including during planning or negotiations of such sale or transfer;
- With a third party with whom we must legally share information about you;
- With the company or organization you represent upon their request;
- With you or other third parties with your express consent;
- To comply with any court order, valid subpoena, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To protect our assets or rights, including for billing and collection purposes;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cision, our customers or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- With any other entity disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also share aggregate or anonymous data for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes.
In the event that we receive a request from a governmental entity to provide it with your personal information, we will take reasonable attempts to notify you of such request, to the extent reasonably possible and legally permissible.
Cookies & Other Tracking Mechanisms
- Browser cookies. A browser cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. That cookie then communicates with servers, ours or those of other companies that we authorize to collect data for us, and allows recognition of your device. You may use the tools available on your computer or other device to set your browser to refuse or disable all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. However, if you refuse or disable all browser cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Websites or use certain features or functionality of our Services.
- Flash cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects called flash cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Websites. We also include cookies in our third-party hosted video players to count the number of unique viewers who see a customer’s video press release and to provide aggregate reporting. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website. If you disable or refuse Flash cookies, please note that some parts of our Services may be inaccessible or may not function properly.
- Web beacons. Our Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear GIFs, pixel tags, tracking pixels and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Web beacons in e-mail marketing campaigns, press releases or other types of communications or content allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. We may use web beacons and/or other tracking technologies to collect information about you when you interact with our Services, e-mails, press releases or other types of communications or content, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Services do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal.
- Opting out of marketing communications. You may receive certain promotional or informational communications from us. Where required by law, promotional communications will be sent only with your consent. You can opt out of promotional e-mails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of the e-mails. Please note that certain e-mails may be necessary for the operation of our Services. You may, however, continue to receive these e-mails relating to your account or our Services, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
- Opting out of behavioral advertising. You may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by NAI members. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org. Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Services or any third-party services. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). If your browser is configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Please note that if you use multiple devices you will have to opt out on each individual device.
- Opting out of telemarketing. Where required by law, you will be contacted via telemarketing only with your consent. You may opt out of our direct telemarketing contacts by requesting us to remove you from our direct telemarking list. Please note that opting out from our direct telemarketing contacts does not limit us from contacting you for other purposes, including those contacts that are reasonably necessary to provide you with our Services. If you decide to opt out of our direct telemarketing contacts, allow a reasonable time for us to process your request and do not hesitate to contact us. By registering your number with the FTC may also limit our direct marketing contacts to that number.
- Cloaking your identity. Journalists and others who use ProfNet Experts may choose not to disclose their identity when in direct communication with experts and company information officers.
- Accessing, updating or deleting your personal information. We value the accuracy of the information we have about you. You may update or request we delete your information.
Securing Your Personal Information
The security of your information is important to Pipeline Pepper. Unfortunately, no system can guarantee complete security of your information. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information from unauthorized third parties, Pipeline Pepper cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. Thus, your use of the Services and communications with us is at your own risk. You are responsible for protecting the security of information that you transmit to us over the internet. In addition, we recommend you do not provie a home address, only a mailing or business address.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule. Our Services are directed to working professionals, and services. Our Services are not intended for children under 17 years of age or the relevant age of majority, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under that age. If you are under 17 years of age or the age of majority, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to us.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Third-Party Information Collection
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites and services, including those of social media platforms, partner networks and advertisers. Please note that these websites and services may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies of any third parties. If you chose to access any websites or services linked from our Services, please check the applicable policies before you use or submit any personal information to such website or service.
Third parties unaffiliated with us may also collect information about you, including tracking your browsing history, when you use our Services. We do not have control over these third-party collection practices and advise you to adjust the settings of your browsers or install plug-ins and add-ins if you wish to minimize these third party collections.
- Data Controller: Pipeline Pepper also provides information products designed to help customers research and plan their campaigns more effectively. In this function, Pipeline Pepper acts as a data controller of the personal information contained in these products and processes this personal information as described in this Policy in the US, a country that does not have the same level of protection for personal data as other nations. Pipeline Pepper maintains a media database containing personal information on media contacts, influencers and so on. Such individuals can have such information removed from our database. This information does not include sensitive information such as data about race, sexual orientation, or religion.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America
For Media Lists: If you find that any of the contact information is out of date or incorrect, send an email to email@example.com with Update List Inquiry in the subject line. We will provide complimentary list updates, within 72 hours during regular business hours, for two months from the date of purchase. After the two months have passed, you have the option to purchase the most recent list for 50% off. Email for a special code.
Refunds: We and any of our affiliates or subsidiaries do not offer refunds on any digital products or courses provided on Pipeline Pepper website or related social media accounts.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Pipeline Pepper’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Pipeline Pepper’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Pipeline Pepper at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Pipeline Pepper’s web site are provided “as is”. Pipeline Pepper makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, PR Couture does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Pipeline Pepper or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Pipeline Pepper’s Internet site, even if Pipeline Pepper or a Pipeline Pepper authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PIPELINE PEPPER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (A) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE PRODUCTS AND PROGRAMS; (B) ANY CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE PRODUCTS AND PROGRAMS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING JUDGES OR OTHER UNPAID VOLUNTEERS ASSISTING BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE GROUP; OR (C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL PIPELINE PEPPER’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR CLAIMS RELATING TO OUR PRODUCTS OR PROGRAMS EXCEED THE AGGREGATE TOTAL FEES PAID BY YOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PRODUCT OR PROGRAM AT ISSUE.
3826 Grand View Blvd. #661617
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Last edited: October 2017