#RockItLetters Series: Bri Geeski
We have all worked with women that have been a pleasure to work with. Bri of BriGeeski.com is one of those women. We first worked together on corporate marketing initiatives (like Back to School "Unlock the Fun") for local malls during my time at Westfield, in Marketing. She was a perfect fit: mom, creative and a blogger. Flash forward a couple years and we have continued the collaborations on promotions like a local mom designer sale, and more recently the Junior League San Diego Annual Food and Wine Festival. I recently reached out to Bri to ask her five question you will want to read.
Bri is a wife and mom of two, creative director, lifestyle blogger, and based in sunny San Diego.
"We believe in exploring life, following your heart and designing a life that works for you. Get your dose of inspiration for self love, travel, fab food + fun!" - Bri
- How or why did you start blogging? Did you have an aha moment? I started blogging as a creative outlet. I was working in-house as a graphic designer and marketer for a biotech company. I wanted to have a space to write about things that I loved and places that I experienced. I also found a love for taking photos of the things I enjoy and wanted a place to share all of that. I’ve had a few aha moments that have helped changed the direction of my blog and helped me to monetize a passion.
- For a newbie reading this or a person interested in blogging, can you tell me some of your strengths that really helped you in blogging? The single biggest thing that has helped me in blogging is networking. When I first started out I attended a lot of events. Events for social media, blogging, general networking events, etc. I believe this really helped me to start growing my social media following because I would always be sure to talk to a lot of people and get their cards. This also helped me to get on the radar for local PR companies which leads to influencer events and partnering with brands.
- Often people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online, but it takes time and strategy. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from a blog? It does take time and strategy. I have altered my strategy a few times and have found that it really does pay to be consistent. There are so many different ways to blog and if anyone is interested in blogging I think they should start. With everything, it takes time and patience to figure out what strategy works best for each individual. I find it is most important to write about things that I am passionate and have genuine interest in myself.
- What do you look for when partnering with a brand or PR agency? I look for brands that are in the lifestyle segments because those are the topics I want to share about on my blog. I love writing about travel, self-care, food and fun. I do prefer to work with brands that are family oriented, are doing good for others and have a passion for what they do.
- You have a new business venture - Painting + Wellness Workshops, tell us more about that and how it came about. Yes! The Painting + Wellness Workshops came about from a few different aspects. I wanted to try something new while also creating an event that could help women thrive. I have attended many events as a blogger where we are treated so well that I wanted to bring this style of event to any woman who wants to take a little time out for herself. Each workshop includes information about self care and following your heart. The events include an activity, a learning aspect and relaxation time. My purpose is to follow my heart and to encourage others to do the same. I want people to love their lives. I want people to take care of themselves, figure out what they love and do it! I have a lot of passions and I believe the workshops tie together all the things I love to do while encouraging others to thrive.